Madagascar - Lemur & Beach Package
IN A NUTSHELL
Madagascar lemurs are a popular highlight for any Madagascar vacation… Combine both highlights for a Madagascar lemur and beach holiday package Across Africa .If you’ve seen a certain popular children’s film, then you’re probably well aware of t these distinct and unique little creatures.
You will be spoiled for choice as you make the most of your accommodation and the activities that it has to offer. Four night of the 8-Day Beach Package will be spent at the Vanilla Hotel – a perfectly situated accommodation on the island of Nosy Be. While there, you can spend your days exploring secluded islands nearby, famous beaches, and the surrounding azure waters that harbour an incredibly diverse array of ocean wildlife.
The second accommodation that you will stay in while on the Lemur and Beach Package is the Vakona Forest Lodge, which is situated in Madagascar’s Andasibe National Park. The park is renowned the world over for being home to the island’s biggest lemurs and during the day you’ll be able to go in search of these awe-inspiring creatures. The final night of your Lemur and Beach Package will be spent in the capital city of Madagascar, called Antananarivo.
Offering a different pace from what you’ve previously encountered, you’ll be immersed into the buzz of city life and get a final delectable taste of the spice of life on the island of Madagascar.
Arrival at Nosy Be
Day 2 - 4:
Activities – Excursions to the smaller surrounding islands off Nosy Be and/or sailing upon a catamaran under the great Madagascan sun and/or fishing and diving trips.
Enjoy the scenery on the way to the Andasibe Reserve.
Nature Reserve of Andasibe.
Exploring the Reserve of Andasibe.
Enjoy lunch at the Reptile & Butterfly farm on the way to Antananarivo.
Transfer to the airport for your flight back home.
Day 1 - Arrival at Nosy Be.
You will be met and transferred on arrival in Nosy Be to the Vanilla hotel, set along the white sandy beach on the west coast of Nosy Be. Nosy Be, also known as Nosy Manitra -"The scented Island”, brings about fragrances of Ylang Ylang, Frangipani, Vanilla, cocoa, cinnamon and sugar cane.
As one of the most popular destinations in Madagascar, Nosy Be has much to offer the visitor: beautiful beaches, views from the peak of Mont Passot, scuba diving and a visit to the Ylang Ylang distillery to name but a few (all optional extras).
Day 2 - 4:
Leisure excursions are offered to the smaller surrounding islands off Nosy Be, such as Nosy Komba with a chance to view the semi-tame Black Lemurs, Nosy Tanikely for exceptional snorkelling and Scuba diving off the island of Nosy Sakatia. An organized spice tour may be arranged through the lodge or perhaps a ride into Hell-Ville to visit the bustling daily market - a good place to pick up spices at very reasonable prices. Enjoy a sundowner at the tiny rustic bar at the top of Mount Passot, taking in the breath-taking view of the 7 sacred crater lakes, or why not enjoy a sail upon a catamaran under the great Madagascan sun.
Fishing and diving trips may also be arranged, or simply just enjoy a cocktail or two on the beach admiring the hues of sunset. All these excursions are optional and for your own expense.
Nosy Be - Antananarivo - Andasibe Reserve.
After a leisurely breakfast, check out of Vanilla hotel and transfer to the airport for your departing flight to Antananarivo. Upon arrival, you will be met at the airport & will head to Andasibe through the green and luxuriant vegetation of the east.
This first step brings us to the humid part of the country with many primary forests and lakes, and the landscape consists of rice fields, waterfalls, and scarce forest stations. Along the way we will see Merina villages in the Rocky Mountains. On arrival check-in to the hotel, and then after 19h00 enjoy a night walk in the area of Andasibe to observe night active lemurs and other nocturnal animals, back to the hotel where we overnight.
Natural Reserve of Andasibe.
After breakfast, we take a morning visit to the Special Reserve of Andasibe, where you will discover the many species dwelling in the forest. In particular, your guide will search for the Indri, the largest lemurs on the island. This 810 ha reserve is unique with its endemic fauna and flora. It contains a wide variety of orchids, canopy, and endemic animals like chameleons, tenrecs, and many birds. We also visit the Orchid garden, after which we return to our hotel for lunch.
In the afternoon, you will visit Lemur Island at Vakona Forest Lodge to meet the resident Lemurs up close! The rest of your afternoon is at leisure – why not take some time to relax by the pool, enjoy a horse ride, or visit the Private Park of Vakona (horse-riding and visit to Private park are optional extras).
Andasibe - Antananarivo.
After breakfast, we head back to Tana, stopping for lunch at the Reptile & Butterfly farm (lunch at own expense). Continuing onto Tana, you will be taken to your hotel near the airport for your last night in Madagascar.
Check out of your hotel & head to Tana airport, for your flight back home.
MAP OF ROUTE
PRICE & SERVICES
The price here presented is for mid range accommodation provided for the duration of the safari described in this document.
The price options for budget and luxury accommodation are available on request.
Price per person sharing in a double/ twin room:
- 2 people travelling: 2050,00 (1025,00 PP)
- 4 people travelling: 3450,00 (860,00 PP)
- 6 people travelling:4995,00 (830,00 PP)
Features Included in Safari Price:
- All airport transfers ground transportation and fuel as per the itinerary
- Transport in a 4x4 minibus with safari roof (other options on request)
- Charter or scheduled local ﬂights where applicable and listed in the itinerary
- All park and conservation fees including for the vehicle and driver guide
- English speaking driver guide (other languages on request)
- Accommodation and meal plan as specified
Features Excluded in Safari Price:
- All international ﬂights, all ﬂights not specifically listed in the itinerary
- A special language driver guide (other language options on request)
- A 4x4 wheel drive vehicle, e.g. a Toyota Land cruiser on request
- Cost of visas
- Travel, medical and personal insurances
- Gratuities and personal requirements
Our passion for Africa and efforts to furnish you with the very best Creative Destination Management are defined by the objective to provide exceptional quality, intensive and unforgettable experiences as well as pleasurable moments, that in every detail and attention to superior services are a dream come true and a feast for the senses.
Our passion, commitment and dedication to provide you with memorable adventures is as limitless as the magical vistas of the African continent ...
Your Across Africa Creative Destination Management Team
T's & C's
- This is a proposal only and subject to availability. If components of this itinerary are not available at the time of booking, we shall endeavour to offer suitable alternatives.
- Gorilla and Chimpanzee tracking permits are not included. Please note that
- Gorilla permits of US $ 600,00 per permit in Uganda and/ or US $ 750,00 per permit in Rwanda and US $ 150,00 for Chimpanzee permits in Kibale, Uganda need to be paid together with the deposit. The price for these permits is nonrefundable, however in case of cancellation, we shall endeavor to resell excess tickets through the available ofﬁcial channels.
- The appointed driver/ tour guide will accompany clients throughout the safari, assist them with check-in at accommodation and share his knowledge of ﬂora and fauna.
- A language speciﬁc tour guide is available against a surcharge.
- A 4 x 4 wheel drive vehicle such as a Land Cruiser is available against a surcharge.
Where applicable for charter or scheduled local ﬂights, the following baggage restrictions apply:
- 15 kgs on all ﬂights in small, soft-sided bags.
Abbreviations for the meal plan are as follows:
- BB = Bed & Breakfast.
- DBB = Dinner, Bed & Breakfast.
- FB = Full Board.
Terms and Conditions of our Services Payments Deposit:
- 25% of the total safari price within 7 days of conﬁrmation.
- Balance: full balance due 45 days (6 weeks) prior to arrival.
- Reservations: made within 45 days or less prior to arrival: Immediate full prepayment due.
- Cancellations: received within 30 days before safari date 20%
- 29 to 23 days before safari date 25%
- 22 to 15 days before safari date 40%
- 14 to 08 days before safari date 55%
- 07 to 03 days before safari date 65%
- 02 days before safari date 95%
- No Show 100 % Changes Without Prior Notice Tariffs quoted are valid for 2015 wherever possible.
Not all service providers release or guarantee their rates well in advance and therefore the itinerary price may be subject to changes without prior notice.
Factors that can not be anticipated and may inﬂuence this cost calculation include, but are not limited to, supplier increases (including gorilla permits and park/conservation fees), government tax increases, fuel price increases, unforeseeable itinerary amendments due to circumstances beyond our control, availability restrictions, etc.