Madagascar - Island Hopping Beach Package
IN A NUTSHELL
If you can’t make up your mind as to which island you’d like to visit while on your travels to Madagascar, then we’ve got just the solution – an Island Hopping Beach Package that provides tiny tastes of all that there is to experience and enjoy.
While on the Island Hopping Beach Package, you will spend your nights in a range of comfortable accommodations as you journey from island-to-island in the northernarchipelago of Madagascar. Each island has its own incredible sights and activities on offer and you’ll be able to combine the fun of an island hopping adventure with the magic that each island has to offer.
Highlights of your Island Hopping Beach Package will include snorkelling in Marine Reserves like Nosy Tanikely, having lemurs jump on your shoulders at Nosy Komba, exploring lush rain forests in the Lokobe Nature Reserve, and boarding an exhilarating speed boat to travel between islands as you explore this incredible southern African island. Discovery and adventure await you, so prepare to set sail on an unforgettable 8-day adventure on the islands of Madagascar.
Arrival at Nosy Be airport, you will be transferred to Chanty beach and then by Speedboat to Sakatia Lodge.
Guided walk of Sakati Island.
Guided tour of the Island’s Coastline, on a traditional pirogue.
Beach Lunch, before proceeding with the tour the next day.
You will transferred a short hop over the ocean to Nosy Be, at Vanilla Hotel.
Spend your day enjoying the leisure activities of this stunning hotel and island.
Activities - quad biking, mountain biking, fishing and trips to islands.
Day Trip to Lokobe Nature Reserve.
Transfer to the airport.
Day 1- 4:
Sakatia Island (via Nosy Be)
Arriving at Nosy Be airport, you will be met and transferred by taxi to Chanty beach and then by speedboat to Sakatia Lodge, which is situated on a small private beach. The next four days will be spent snorkelling, exploring the beach and the stunning tropical garden, as well as walking on the island and generally relaxing whilst soaking up the sand, sea and sun. Additional activities (with costs) include guided walks, sea-kayaking, hobie cats or pirogue trips, scuba diving and deep sea fishing trips.
A guided walk of Sakatia Island is included on day 2, and on day 3 a guided tour of the island’s coastline on a traditional pirogue is included, along with a beach lunch.
Sakatia Island to Nosy Be.
After 4 nights at Sakatia Lodge, you will be transferred on a short hop over the ocean to Nosy Be, where you will be dropped in front of the Vanila hotel on the beach.
We embark on a day excursion with a boat lunch to Nosy Komba and Nosy Tanikely Marine Reserve – famed for its world class snorkelling and diving. Nosy Komba is the second largest island after Nosy Be, and our trip here includes a visit of the small reserve where you can meet a variety of resident habituated lemurs, happy to jump onto your shoulder. In addition we visit the crafts market on Nosy Komba where you can purchase from a selection of lace tablecloths made by the skilled women of Komba Island itself.
In the late morning we depart for the island of Tanikely – a crystal clear natural aquarium where you will snorkel with the colourful fish, explore the underwater world of anenomes and coral, and hopefully swim with a turtle or two! Take some time to explore the island itself, walk to the lighthouse and see the fruit bats and lemurs amongst the endemic flora. Lunch will be served on-board the boat (Snorkelling equipment is included in this excursion).
Day at Leisure - NosyBe.
Spend your entire day at leisure, enjoying the swimming pools at the hotel, the beautiful spa and massage centre, or taking part in one of the many optional activities offered by the hotels excursions desk.
Activities include quad biking, mountain biking, deep-sea fishing, and day trips to near-by islands (Nosy Iranja is recommended) and guided tours of Nosy Be, taking in the local markets and shops. These optional excursions are for your own expense. Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served in the hotel.
Day Trip to Lokobe Nature Reserve.
After breakfast at your hotel, we depart for the Lokobe Nature Reserve – the last primary forest of Nosy Be, and rich in many varieties of medicinal plants endemic to Madagascar. Departing from the fishing village of Ambatozavavy (south of the island), you will board a traditional canoe, rowing along the mangroves to the foot of the reserve.
Your guide (a specialist in wildlife and local flora) will assist you in discovering the living treasures of this reserve and will explain its secrets and legends. The dense rainforest is a protected site, where you may discover diurnal lemurs (Lepilemur and Macaco), reptiles, chameleons, insects and tropical birds. A picnic lunch is included.
Nosy Be – Antananarivo.
After your last breakfast on this tropical island, you will proceed to the Tana airport where you will fly back to the capital city Antananarivo, and catch your flight home.
Please note – lunch is not included in day 8 of your tour. Should your flights have you departing in the afternoon or evening, please make direct arrangements with the hotel for meals. These will be at an additional cost. treasures of this reserve and will explain its secrets and legends. The dense rainforest is a protected site, where you may discover diurnal lemurs (Lepilemur and Macaco), reptiles, chameleons, insects and tropical birds. A picnic lunch is included.
MAP OF ROUTE
PRICE & SERVICES
The price here presented is for mid range accommodation provided for the duration of the safari described in this document.
The price options for budget and luxury accommodation are available on request.
Price per person sharing in a double/ twin room:
- 2 people travelling: 1700,00 (850,00 PP)
- 4 people travelling: 3600,00 (900,00 PP)
- 6 people travelling:5440,00 (900,00 PP)
Features Included in Safari Price:
- All airport transfers ground transportation and fuel as per the itinerary
- Transport in a 4x4 minibus with safari roof (other options on request)
- Charter or scheduled local ﬂights where applicable and listed in the itinerary
- All park and conservation fees including for the vehicle and driver guide
- English speaking driver guide (other languages on request)
- Accommodation and meal plan as specified
Features Excluded in Safari Price:
- All international ﬂights, all ﬂights not specifically listed in the itinerary
- A special language driver guide (other language options on request)
- A 4x4 wheel drive vehicle, e.g. a Toyota Land cruiser on request
- Cost of visas
- Travel, medical and personal insurances
- Gratuities and personal requirements
Our passion for Africa and efforts to furnish you with the very best Creative Destination Management are defined by the objective to provide exceptional quality, intensive and unforgettable experiences as well as pleasurable moments, that in every detail and attention to superior services are a dream come true and a feast for the senses.
Our passion, commitment and dedication to provide you with memorable adventures is as limitless as the magical vistas of the African continent ...
Your Across Africa Creative Destination Management Team
T's & C's
- This is a proposal only and subject to availability. If components of this itinerary are not available at the time of booking, we shall endeavour to offer suitable alternatives.
- Gorilla and Chimpanzee tracking permits are not included. Please note that
- Gorilla permits of US $ 600,00 per permit in Uganda and/ or US $ 750,00 per permit in Rwanda and US $ 150,00 for Chimpanzee permits in Kibale, Uganda need to be paid together with the deposit. The price for these permits is nonrefundable, however in case of cancellation, we shall endeavor to resell excess tickets through the available ofﬁcial channels.
- The appointed driver/ tour guide will accompany clients throughout the safari, assist them with check-in at accommodation and share his knowledge of ﬂora and fauna.
- A language speciﬁc tour guide is available against a surcharge.
- A 4 x 4 wheel drive vehicle such as a Land Cruiser is available against a surcharge.
Where applicable for charter or scheduled local ﬂights, the following baggage restrictions apply:
- 15 kgs on all ﬂights in small, soft-sided bags.
Abbreviations for the meal plan are as follows:
- BB = Bed & Breakfast.
- DBB = Dinner, Bed & Breakfast.
- FB = Full Board.
Terms and Conditions of our Services Payments Deposit:
- 25% of the total safari price within 7 days of conﬁrmation.
- Balance: full balance due 45 days (6 weeks) prior to arrival.
- Reservations: made within 45 days or less prior to arrival: Immediate full prepayment due.
- Cancellations: received within 30 days before safari date 20%
- 29 to 23 days before safari date 25%
- 22 to 15 days before safari date 40%
- 14 to 08 days before safari date 55%
- 07 to 03 days before safari date 65%
- 02 days before safari date 95%
- No Show 100 % Changes Without Prior Notice Tariffs quoted are valid for 2015 wherever possible.
Not all service providers release or guarantee their rates well in advance and therefore the itinerary price may be subject to changes without prior notice.
Factors that can not be anticipated and may inﬂuence this cost calculation include, but are not limited to, supplier increases (including gorilla permits and park/conservation fees), government tax increases, fuel price increases, unforeseeable itinerary amendments due to circumstances beyond our control, availability restrictions, etc.